Media & Technology: Redlight Greenlight 123

Thursday, June 23, 2005

AD ON THAT NOTE - June 23, 2005

Talk about unethical. According to Businessweek Online, Toyota blatantly asked a few magazines to place their product in editorial pages. WTH? Aren't editorials supposed to be unbiased? And I'm frowning with my head tilted to side because Businessweek placed a Honda ad smack dab in the article, let alone the page. I wonder if Toyota noticed? Even if it's added value, I wouldn't be a happy camper.
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_26/b3939043.htm

I agree. "Viral marketing is today's electronic equivalent of old-fashioned word of mouth," according to USA Today's Theresa Howard. For example, not that I don't already love Dave Chappelle, but when my friends email me a clip from his show, it's like they are saying to me "hey Mavin, you know I only send you the hot stuff and we like the same things, so check this out." Because it's sent to me by people I trust won't send me crap and they are co-signing it, I don't feel "completely" advertised to, although that's exactly what it is.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/2005-06-22-viral-usat_x.htm

Now there's a novel idea. This isn't brain surgery people. It's called a marketing mix. Spread out your advertising dollars. Sure, include your :60 radio spots, :30 TV promos, but get out there where the people are. Everyone isn't just sitting in front of their TV's or listening to the radio. Their online, on the phone, even on the toilet. Get'em!
http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/06/19/business/outlook20.php

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home