Media & Technology: Redlight Greenlight 123

Monday, June 13, 2005

Ready, AIM, Text

I don't think I ever truly appreciated mobile technology until this past weekend.

Somehow I lost my voice and I really needed to do a lot of talking at an exposition in Atlanta. I'm known for my outgoing, party people pleaser character at work (I'm really shy) and I was all set to MC, but I couldn't speak. Someone else had to fill in for me, which made me pretty perturbed that I couldn't fully participate.

But, besides speaking at the expo, thanks to text messaging through AOL Instant Messenger, Blackberry, email, and other forms of written communication, including whispering in my translaters ear, I was still able to express myself, albeit in small, really quiet circles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home