Media & Technology: Redlight Greenlight 123

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Verizon's Ringback Tones

"Use the language of music to speak volumes without saying a word. Only $1.99 annual fee per Ringback Tone with a $0.99 monthly subscription. Purchase your favorite Ringback Tones Now." It's as simple as that, according to Verizon's Ringback Tones website.

I'm at work the other day and my boss says very excitedly, "Hey, Media Mavin, (no, he knows my real name), call my cell phone. So being the dutiful employee, I do. But to my surprise (is the excitement building or what?) while waiting for him to pick up, although he wasn't going to, I heard melodic music from Maroon 5 (love them). Verizon has a new service that allows your callers to listen to their, or yours for that matter, favorite musical genre, artist, movie, etc.. instead of the typical ringing when they call. Their list isn't as extensive as it could be, but that's just a matter of time. I think that's pretty cool, considering I still have friends who record themselves talking over a song they record from the radio at least a mile or an inch away from the microphone on their wireless and home voicemails. They ruin a perfectly good song that way. What's also great is that, I'm assuming, everyone can hear the song no matter what kind of phone you have, since with ringtones you have to have a certain kind of phone to hear the true tone, as opposed to the polyphonic one.

Now if I can only hear the preview on their site, I may actually download a few...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home