Media & Technology: Redlight Greenlight 123

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Need An Idea? Target Your Target

It just makes sense. If I'm a toy manufacturer, I'd ask children what they like to play with...what they want in a toy. If I create handheld games, I'd ask a hardcore gamer what they look for in controls. So, why don't more companies target their targets and look to them for ideas on how to discover seamless territory...waters that make sense and extend the brand? Well, here are some businesses who are capitalizing on consumer insight:


Motorola's Motofrwd College Competition is looking for students who have the next greatest idea for seamless mobility. Besides the cool $10K in cash and other goodies, the grand prize winner receives a Bluetooth-enabled car. Deadline is 11/15/05.


Everyone has a camera phone, but not everyone has a photo worthy to compete. Compete for what? Visit Nokia Nseries See New Competition. Deadline is 2/28/06. This next one is done, but I'm bringing to your attention for next year. Nokia connects people, people are connected through music, so why not connect beats to discover some down under talent? If you're an Australian producer or music group, check out Nokia's Connecting Beats Competiton 2005.

If you find any companies doing the same, let me know and I'll post it.

Photo credit: Motorola, Nokia